View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-18, 13:46

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%
Default New Book by Dr. Mark Cucuzzella

Just finished reading Run For Your Life by Dr. Cucuzzella, and I feel the need to share. I was trying to find the best forum to post this review, but there is no general exercise or fitness forum, and since it's a book, the LC Research/Media forum is the best place.

As many know, Mark Cucuzzella is a family M.D. based in West Virginia and has been very active in Low Carb conferences, videos, and blogs. He's also an accomplished runner and running and walking form expert who is a fountain of knowledge for fitness through movement. For those who walk, power walk, hike, jog, and run, Mark's knowledge can help those who would like to move correctly as a part of their pursuit of a healthy lifestyle.

Yeah, this is a book about movement emphasizing running and walking, but once I started reading it, I had a hard time stopping. The book includes some running and movement history, form, energy that propels us, and diet types and advantages and disadvantages of glucose and fat for fuel. Each chapter is packed with excellent nuggets of information that one can readily apply to a fitness regimen. Each chapter ends with "Drills" or exercises that can improve posture, balance, gait, foot placement and muscle quality, mobility/stability, and static stretching vs. dynamic movement. Current information about footwear and footwear trends is rich. The book includes very relevant human interest stories about the people he has encountered throughout his life as a high school & college athlete, his time in the Air Force and his development of a running program, his current role as a family physician and college professor, the importance of being active in the community, and how movement outdoors in nature is such a very human activity.

For those looking to improve their health through movement, Run For Your Life provides an excellent resource to improve the benefits of walking, hiking, running, or any movement you favor as a way to stay fit.

Edited to add: Here's a video that summarizes Mark's philosophy of movement and healthy eating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1dyKDrkABc&t=25s
Sponsored Links