#32   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 04:36

Plan: my own
Stats: 225/208/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
I think I'll probably be with it for more than 6 weeks too. It's a fairly easy plan, and while I enjoy cooking I don't want to cook all the time, so sometimes a shake just hits the spot. I did buy some DaVinci syrups. I've bought flavor extracts in the past and was less than satisfied with them. I have unsweetened protein powder that I can add the DaVinci to and it is still not overly sweet.

Count me in the >6week club. Well, actually it's more like >4 weeks. At the end of the 4th week, Eades says if you still have a lot of weigh to lose to start alternating the weeks 1-2 (I call phase 1) with weeks 3-4 (I call phase 2), but this time do phase 1 for a week, then phase 2 for a week, then phase 1 for a week..

The DH and I have committed to each other that we'll do this like designed for 6 weeks for us - so we mean Phase 1 for 2 weeks, Phase 2 for 2 weeks, Phase 1 for 1 week, and Phase 2 for 1 week.

Frankly, we both think we'll want to be on some more relaxed adjusted plan - more like the official weeks 5-6, but we want to see what it's like to try alternating one week shakes, one week meat. See how 'doable' it is for us. Like, how will it feel to go back to shakes for a week after two weeks of meet? And we're committed to at least the 6 week plan above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Suddenly I'm down 2 pounds in the last 2 days - though I hate to even say so for fear of jinxing myself. My weight fluctuates so I can easily be back up the 2 pounds tomorrow morning. I had an orange-vanilla shake earlier and it was really quite tasty. I had a black decaf.

Today was my son's birthday and I went out to lunch with him and his wife, and my new grandson, and his wife's parents. I had a pastrami reuben without the bread and a dill pickle. Then I had to sit and watch while everyone else had double chocolate fudge cake, carrot cake, apple strudel, and lemon cake.

I've been 'stuck' at around 220.6/.8 for a few days. If this was a regular plan I'd hesitate to say 'stuck' for such a short time frame, but I am. And I had a weird food day Saturday too.

My husband and I mentor a couple kids (it's like big brother /big sister - but it's a different organization working with poor but promising kids), and Saturday was a big mentor event - a lonnnnng one. We knew it was going to be hard for us - and decided to try to mostly eat nothing or meat, and to eat our 'meal' before leaving home. I'm still using up the pork loin I made a few days ago, so I cut that up small and just made a big sort-of stirfry thing with some veggies, jalapeno bacon and the pork loin.

We left home at 11:30am, picked up the kids between 12 and 12:15, and got to the meeting at 12:30. It was a day at the ballpark. A lonnnng day (tour, lectures, our standard monthly meeting took all afternoon). And they warned us to have the kids eat ahead of time, because there would be no food until during the game which started at 5:15! All this starving with shakes, and learning to wait was very helpful.

At 5:15 we headed to the 'picnic pavilion' where the group had paid for all you can eat - popcorn, chips, hotdogs, pop. And after some digging I found bags of peanuts in the shell. Not a great healthy food consumption for anyone:
DH cheated with a Diet Pepsi (caffeine *and* aspartame!! I gasped!), and had one hot dog (sans bun of course) - and then water the rest of the night
I had tons of water all night, one hotdog, and then I realized I could eat some of those peanuts - at least fat/protein/carbs-wise they fit the profile of our eating on Phase 1 (weeks 1-2).

The bad news, I was so bored and kind of hungry, I ate the peanuts in the shell - (*including* the shell). This should be ok if you have your own organic peanut farm, but commercial ones - the shells just absorb all the pesticides like crazy, and can have a poisonous mold (aflatoxin) which is 20 times more toxic than DDT. And even the sharp edges of the shells can supposedly cause internal distress. <sigh> So yeahhh!! If I wasn't already detoxing from everything else I've ever eaten bad - I just added to it! Stupid nuts. I had about one cup - about 320 calories, 8g carb (-5g fiber), 14g protein, 27g fat.

So back on the straight and narrow - and we're going to try to give blood like the good doctor says we should at the end of week 2. Maybe I can give away some of those peanut pesticides.

Sarah