View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-07, 08:23

Plan: lc
Stats: 93/75/74 Male 181
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
In contrast, studies show that heart disease worsens on the Atkins diet. This is consistent with published autopsy results on Dr. Atkins revealing that he had serious heart disease when he died. It’s important to lose weight in a way that enhances health rather than ones that may harm it. These are summarized more extensively in a review article that I wrote, “Was Dr. Atkins Right?” that was published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association.
which studies were these, dean? perhaps one that you conducted? atkins had severe heart disease? really? care to expound? you had your boys steal the autopsy report, but no such information was found. atkins suffered from myocarditis, a viral infection of the heart, which can cause weakening of the heart muscle and heart failure. i'm not sure dean would know the difference.

Quote:
If you eat a stick of butter, your HDL will go up, but that doesn’t mean that butter is good for your heart.
does it mean its bad for you? some evidence please. it's revealing that people like dean are now trying to dispute the benefits of low-carbing as opposed to telling us how bad it is for us. i guess this is how paradigms begin to change.