View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-10, 03:04
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Sorry about the link here is one that I've checked that produces 4,150 reference to "fluconazole-resistant" "Candida albicans" I'm sorry if anyone may have thought that there wasn't a problem with the overuse or misuse of fluconazole.
The point about resistance to anti-fungal or anti-biotic medication arising from the failure to complete the medication course properly or overusing these medications is the same whether we are talking about antifungals or antibiotics. I'm sorry if my fingers didn't type what my brain intended.
I think most people here are sufficiently intelligent to work out the important aspects of my posts.

I think pharmacists are very keen to demonise online suppliers of medicinal products. This Monday visit to the chemist was for some urine test strips for which I was quoted a ridiculous price. I protested about the price as I'd previously bought some online at a sensible price. I was told by the chemist that online suppliers were not reliable and almost certainly I'd be ripped off.
Well 2 days later these were delivered and are in fact identical in every way to the ones my doctor uses. I can assure you the results in his surgery 2hrs after I'd opened the packet and used one at home were identical both detecting blood and Leukocytes.

While of course it MAY be the case that online suppliers MAY be less effective it MAY also be the case that what your pharmacist tells you is simply BS.