View Single Post
  #246   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-21, 07:51
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

It wasn't the score that I was hoping to see - but I was mentally prepared for it. I'm not in a state of shock about it. It is what it is. The big picture view is that I've had 3 scores over the past 4 1/2 years in the "Moderate" range of 100-400. That's not good. But as Rob said - how I feel and my quality of life living the LCHF lifestyle is the tangible measure. I've run 5 10Ks in the past 5 years. I have no apparent blockages and no symptoms of CVD other than those CAC scores. My lifestyle, diet and supplementation pattern has been consistent throughout the period between these scans and the erratic scores I've received lead me more to questioning the accuracy of these machines more than it does my lifestyle. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

It is only speculation on their part, but the explanation that I got was that the 158 score must have missed some of the calcium. If that is the case, my score still did go down over the pat 4.5 years - assuming that the baseline score was accurate. I have to call into question why they keep replacing machines every 2 years. Their current 256 slice scanner should be a good one. Hopefully it will still be around when I have my next follow up. I expect that I'll have another done around January 2024 if I live that long. I think I will.