View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 03:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/170/130
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hello want2slim & Julie!

It's wonderful to see more people in Sg on this thread (YAY!). Seems like both of you (esp. Julie) are oldhands at LC (Fumih too, if I can recall). I only started in mid-April '03 so I'm a newbie . Anyways, as I am a little "kiasu" (local slang for "don't want to lose out"), I try to keep close to Dr Atkins' book. Also, I have a feeling that I will have a tendency to cheat, so I'm strict with myself. In fact, I cheated on Induction a few times (HAHA). Well, eversince I incorporated exercise, I found that I continue to lose weight (or inches). So as I've said in my previous posts, I eat more than 20g of carbs some days but I don't worry too much about it. I agree that it's hard to do LC in Sg, but I'm gonna hang in there. It's great to have buddies to share stories/tips/inspirations with .

About wet markets, I don't like them either, but my mother does the "marketing" so I'm spared of the daunting task. She gets me fresh and cheap fish, chicken and beef. I don't really like beef so I always end up eating lots of fish and chicken. When I first started LC, I used to eat salads with dressings but now I eat veggies raw (YUMS!). I just love the crunch of raw lettuce. I don't bother too much about cups and such. I just use a medium sized bowl and dump as much leaves it could fit. I usually have 2 of such bowls a day together with my fish/chicken. I'm not creative with cooking either (though I often envisaged myself as the World's Iron Chef ... HAHAHA). To make life easier, I'd pan fry marinated pieces of fish or chicken (I use PAM). I love dory, it's SOOOOO good .... salmon, tuna, I like fish ALOT. My mom sometimes makes chicken meatballs for me or I'd whip up a quick chicken dish (I normally use chicken breast meat). Just a question, when you guys said raw salmon, is this what you get from Cold Storage, sliced into thin slices, drenched in lemon juice and eaten raw? I often wonder what people mean when they say they had raw salmon. I love salmon sashimi .

want2slim, if you're losing around 0.5kg a day, looks like you're doing well! I love the Myoplex cookies n cream bars ... they are good! I use my mom's baking cups and spoons for measurements. They are in American measurements so as Julie had said, 1 cup is ~ 8 fl ozs. Maybe you can get those. It's easier than using a weighing scale IMHO ... but still I think most of us can guesstimate.

WOW, I'm happy that there are more Sgeans here talking about LC! Yes, let's all keep in touch here . It's good to hear from the "veteran" low carbers!

BTW: I throw away the buns from burgers too but I don't feel too bad about ...

One last thing, where did you get the sticks? That was a few years ago? I found something in Guardian a month ago. It's a stick for diabetics but I forgot the name. Not sure if we can use it for the same function. ANyway, I think it's not the most essential thing to me. As long as my body changes, I know that I'm doing the right thing. How about a meet up sometimes??