View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-21, 06:28

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/158/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Survived Halloween??

A new month, a new resolution, right? Halloween is the kick-off for the Eating Season. Holidays ahead will pose infinite challenges--endless opportunities to face-plant into sugar goodies, with "loving family" making it tough to say no.

We were Halloween ogres last night: turned off the porch light, and didn't answer the ring. Our house is not located in prime trick-or-treat territory, so we were not swarmed with cute kids in colorful outfits. I'm not against the custom, but it makes me a little sad every year.

I know there are lots of ways to create low-carb treats that help you get past the binge danger. What are your favorites?

Mine is a decadent (and easy) LC Cheesecake. Lots of recipes here and there, so I won't post on this thread. I serve this for company.

However, after twenty years of more-or-less faithful low-carb eating, the best outcome is not craving sweets at all. But then, my compulsion is salty/crunchy, and that takes constant vigilance.

I'm strengthening my strategy now for making the next two months festive and fun without letting carbohydrates take over.

Be well!
Sponsored Links