Old Fri, Nov-30-12, 12:55

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default Creamy Dairy Free Fudge

I found the original recipe on Things My Belly Likes: Maple Mint Fudge :

Quote:
Maple Mint Fudge (makes around 12 pieces)

1 cup butter
4 tbsps maple syrup
2 tsps peppermint extract
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 pecans, chopped

Mix all the above together using an electric mixer on a low speed until it is a smooth, creamy mixture.
Pour into a standard loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper. Freeze for 2 hours then remove and cut into chunks. Store in the freezer til devoured. Hubby referred to this as “like ice-cream” so be warned – it is not portable as it will melt. Eat from the freezer and don’t let it sit out too long. Especially if you live in a warm climate.

The changes I made:

*Used sf pancake syrup instead of maple syrup.
*Used chocolate extract instead of peppermint. I don't like peppermint. It will be fun to try different flavorings, like cherry or orange.
*Used 1/2 CUP walnuts instead of pecans because I've always used walnuts in my fudge.
*Added several drops of EZ-Sweetz to sweeten to my taste. Before I did this it had a VERY dark chocolate/bitter taste to me....but I did taste it before and I recommend doing the same.

I cut this into about 16 or more HUGE chunks of fudge. I've tried several recipes and this is the best so far and dairy free! This is one of those chocolate recipes that will make a great base for a wide range of experimentation....coconut flakes, peanut butter, etc. Can't wait.
Sponsored Links