View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 23:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/208/140
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default mommy troubles

I have been on the Atkin's diet for about 2 weeks now (including a day of cheating ) and now I'm back on track. But I'm still not losing very quickly. I am eating about 15-20 grams of carbs per day (minus fiber) but keep waivering around the same weight. I was jazzed to see I'd lost 6 lbs, but by the next day I'd gained 3. Is it usual to fluctuate that much, or is it just all the wonderful cocktail of hormones rushing around in my body from breastfeeding?
I feel as though I'm eating better now, while being on the Atkin's Diet than I did being on a "regular" diet. I'm really watching what I'm eating, staying away from all the sugary foods I used to love, and even joined a gym (yeah! go me!!) I'm taking my prenatal vitamins and taking better care of myself than before, but of course as all mothers do, i still worry about my son. He's gaining weight just fine and is such a peach. But I still wonder if ketones are passed through breastmilk and if that causes any harmful effects to children.
BTW- it's good to hear that other women have the same concerns Glad to see I'm not the only one!!!

~ Jamie ~