#104   ^
Old Sun, Mar-15-09, 07:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 196/176/160 Male 5-9
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edless
Just a note, the LC movement in my humble opinion, is not seen in a kooky/fringe sort of way because of its firm stance against the protested medical truth it attempts to debunk, but because of the never-ending cycle of ignorance and misinformation that people are fed daily simply because it is not in the best interest of other parties that we eat properly. It is truly tragic that those who stand in a position to help people are really just pawns of the corporations who sponsor their studies and gently nudge them in directions that keep us sick and dying.

OK... now this is my point. You and I may agree with this statement, as do most participants in this forum. The problem is that it is the med establishment that sees us as the kooky fringe, and trust me, when the decision-making powers that be (those politicians and decision makers who control the purse strings) are asked to fund that high profile multimillion dollar study that Gary Taubes is praying for, it will be the medical establishment they will defer to.