#17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 19:23
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
This sort of reminds me of the calcium thing. We've got calcium recommendations over a gram, supposed to protect people from osteoporosis, meanwhile we've got people eating a third of that in a lot of places, without osteoporosis being a problem. In that case as well--exercise is a big deal.

A plug for vitamin D probably fits in here somewhere as well.
Many years ago I had a full-body dexascan. I was fine, but the prediction was that by the time I was 70 I'd have osteoporosis.

As you know, I make my decisions differently than most people. I do my research, and despite my doctors pushing calcium supplements on me, I declined. I take Vitamin D3 and as many of you know, I've been walking an hour every morning for 5 years.

Full-body dexascans are hard to get paid through Medicare, so mine is yearly and of the hand only. I got my Bone Densitrometry Report last March. Normal is T1 and my reading was T1.217 or 87%. This for age 73 is quite acceptable, and I attribute my success to both diet and WALKING. Using the big bones. However, I still believe I should eat more protein, and some days I pile on extra using my MetRX powder and Collagen Peptides.