View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 09:08

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Got out early this morning and headed to Costco. No lines and a white board outside the store showing which products were out of stock. Sanitary hand wipes and Clorox bleach were two I noticed. I was there for protein, however, and proceeded to the meat department to fetch some packages of NY Steak. Next, ground beef, but they didn't have the kind I like, so I picked up a large package of wild sockeye salmon and headed to the register. No lines in self checkout and was back home 20 minutes after I left. This is going to be my Costco routine going on a week day morning and being able to find resupplied items after the weekend.

The way it's going in Northern VA it seems there is now less panic, and with stores like Costco, Wegmans, and the other supermarkets, you can more easily manage food and essentials trips if you time it right. I never felt the need to hoard, and fortunately the food suppliers are replenishing on a regular basis. Some stores have designated shopping hours exclusively for people 60 and over, but I sense a return to being able to make regular shopping trips without risk of exposure and finding more food selections on the shelves. Can't say it's back to normal, but it's better than it was last week.