View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-10, 14:32
Registered Member

Plan: McCombs Plan
Stats: 150/135/150 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress:

I found the article you linked to very intriguing. Much of what he speaks of in regards to the ties between digestive health and the rest of the body completely backs up everything that I have been reading. The symptoms that I first began experiencing that caused me to search for answers were involuntary muscular twitches, anxiety and brain fog/poor memory among a few others. It took me quite some time to figure out that my symptoms were diet related because I was never giving my body a chance to clear itself of the foods that were causing me to react.

It was a homeopathic doctor that told me to try modifying my diet by taking all gluten and dairy products out. Until that point my GP and neurologist had diagnosed me with something called Benign Fasculation Syndrom (BFS). It basically meant they didn't know what I had, but they ruled out Parkinsons, MS and ALS. Once I started pursuing homeopathy, I began to find the answers to what my problem was caused by. I learned about Candida, Leaky Gut Syndrome, how they cause food sensitivities, and how they cause other neurological symptoms.

I can very much identify with what you mentioned above. I want to help people because I know what it is like having to live through the hell of not knowing what was wrong with me, while the symptoms continually get worse and modern medicine told me it was most likely just stress. There is a forum similar to this one dedicated to people diagnosed with BFS. I joined and told my story about how my symptoms were all directly related to my digestive health. I don't think a single person has taken me seriously yet. I feel like the crazy heretic on the street corner that everyone ignores and pays no serious attention to. Meanwhile they are all suffering to different degrees from most of the exact same symptoms that I experienced. Its kind of frustrating really. I don't let it get me down though because if I can help just one person realize the answer to what is plaguing them, I will have made a difference.

From what I have read, the main contributing factor to the candida getting out of control is antibiotics. Our society is very antibiotic heavy. It is prescribed far too often and proper education is not provided on the value in following up with probiotics. Antibiotics don't discriminate which bacterias they kill and our digestive bacteria are on the front lines when we take them. It is our helpful digestive bacteria that naturally keep Candida in check and at bay. The second factor would be all of the sugar in our diets. Candida feeds on sugar and without strong helpful digestive bacteria in our gut to act as the police, Candida can get out of control like a wild fire.

In regards to supplements, it is not suggested that you avoid taking them when you have Candida. Dr. McCombs simply described how minimally effective they are when you have too much Candida in your system. As you know candida limits your body's ability to absorb what it needs from food and supplements, so taking supplements without taking candida out first is extremely inefficient. Furthermore taking probiotics prior to getting the candida under control is mostly ineffective too because the probiotics don't take hold. Its like running the AC with the windows wide open.

To address your final question, Dr. McCombs didn't specify between far or near infrared. He just recommended infrared over a wet sauna. He also mentioned that work out sweats don't accomplish the same thing because the heat doesn't penetrate into your body as it does with a sauna or a bath. I bought a sauna from overstock.com because the bath was just too much of a hassle. It felt like it drained my energy too, whereas the sauna feels like it helps give me energy. It was just a cheap Chinese made sauna, but it does the job.

Thanks again for the links.