View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-10, 07:53
Registered Member

Plan: McCombs Plan
Stats: 150/135/150 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress:

I'll be sure to check that book out. I'd recommend 'Lifeforce' as well. It too is on Amazon for only $1 plus shipping. Its a quick read and is only about 100 pages. I recommend his diet and supplement plan too because I have experienced remarkable results and have only just entered week 8 of the 16 week plan.

Probably the most important thing that I have learned about Leaky Gut it is to rotate your foods. When undigested food proteins enter your blood stream through an overly porous intestinal wall, your immune system can see these proteins as a threat and treats them as a foreign invader. Antibodies are created to target and attack those proteins. If you eat that food again while the antibodies are present, your body can learn to target them on a regular basis. If you wait until the antibodies are gone to eat that food again, your body never learns to target any new foods. Antibodies stick around for about 72 hours, so they recommend waiting 4 days or 96 hours to repeat any foods, just to be safe. I've been rotating my diet for 10 weeks now and have not become sensitive to any new foods since doing this (except for the some of the fillers used in some of the supplements I had been taking on a regular basis, like L-Glutamine).

I found it helps to keep a food journal where I write down everything I eat each day. I use a highlighter to color code different groups of foods which makes it easier to search for when I last had something. I highlight meats, fish or eggs in yellow, fruits in orange and vegetables in green. Everything else like starches, rice, herbal teas etc I just leave unhighlighted. That way when I am picking a veggie to eat, I just need to look for the greens in the last 4 days, or looking for a meat I look through the yellows. Its a lot easier that way.

If you want to find out what foods you are sensitive to, there is a blood test you can have done. It is different than the standard food allergy test that most doctors use which is just a skin test. The blood test will tell essentially on a scale of 0.000 to 1.000 just how sensitive you are to each food they test you for. The standard test checks you for 97 of the most common foods. The test cost me $120 to have done, but it was well worth it. Here is the website for the company (Alletess Medical Laboratory) that makes the kit that tests for food sensitivities: http://www.foodallergy.com/

I'm jealous you have an orchard! My wife and I are looking to put in some fruit trees and a vegetable garden this fall. I'd love to have an apple tree, a peach tree and a cherry tree. Fresh veggies and herbs would be a huge bonus to have in a garden too. Anyway, hopefully some of this info helps you.