View Single Post
  #170   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 00:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 298.2/216.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:definately....
Progress: 55%

I've been thinking about this motivation thing, and it's hard to say what finally clicked. I could point to specific things that happened (seeing pictures of myself at my brother's wedding . . .) or the fact that siblings had used Atkins with success (though none of them was particularly large).

However, the real motivation wasn't mine: DH announced that he'd decided to start Atkins, based on a dramatic weight loss by a friend of ours and her endorsement. DH was significantly overweight (over 400 pounds) and has been diagnosed as diabetic. I was also significantly overweight (just shy of 300 pounds) but, at least until last month, had not been diagnosed with any medical problems. I have a real desire to grow old with this guy, and really want him to lose weight and get healthier. Once he announced it, it was easy for me to join him; I just insisted we buy the book and do it "by the book".

Having the two of us doing this together does make it easier. The weight loss following a plan that doesn't leave me feeling deprived is great motivation for continuing.