#7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-24, 08:43

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
That's an excellent point about the vegan cheese. It's close enough, much like my own concoctions that fit into what works for me. But by dropping gluten, I thrived on dairy.

I wonder how much of that is going on? It's important because bone soups and dairy are the main sources of calcium in the human diet.

When we live on junk and take supplements, we can mess up the mechanisms. The goodie doesn't go where it is supposed to. That, at least to me, is becoming increasingly clear. We can't get everything we need from the drive through. And this constant patchwork lack of nutrients wears down all the body's compensation mechanisms.

These are to get us through shortfalls, and then we eat up the stuff we missed. That cycle has been pushed to the breaking point.

Dr. Ede's new book lays all this out.

There is always more than one naturally occurring food source for any given nutrient.

For instance, eggs are the nearly perfect food. They have pretty much every known vitamin and mineral we need - If I recall correctly, the only thing eggs lack is Vitamin C, but there are loads of natural sources of vitamin C. A person could do quite well on nothing but eggs and almost any food that provides enough Vit C (strawberries, broccoli, citrus).

But the same is true of all the nutrients eggs provide - they're available in all kinds of foods, so someone who is allergic to eggs can get by just fine without ever eating an egg. They just need to have a more varied diet to get all the nutrients they need.

And if they really miss eggs or need to make a recipe that calls for eggs, there are options that work as a substitute for eggs. Depending on what you're making, and the purpose of eggs in that recipe, you could choose from tofu, applesauce, flaxseed, bananas, among many others.

The thing is that there simply aren't enough people who are highly allergic to eggs to warrant a specific egg substitute product such as the JUST eggs (which is a plant based egg substitute). If the use of JUST eggs is dependent on only those who are allergic to eggs, there won't be anywhere near enough of a market for it to warrant production.

But if they can appeal to the vegans who have given up eating real eggs, that helps them increase sales, and if they can convince more people to convert to veganism, then they might be able to sell enough JUST eggs to stay in business.