View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 12:57

Plan: my own LC
Stats: 179/141/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 112%

Two weeks ago I started keto/lchf. My blood sugar was out of control, I was on 85 units of insulin, and on blood pressure med. Now - in only two weeks - I used NO insulin today and my blood sugar was 87 this morning and has run about 100 all day. I'm watching my blood pressure carefully and may have to adjust my pills for that. I lost about 6 pounds of water in the first few days and haven't lost any since then but I'm not giving up. The blood sugar thing is worth it but I think I will eventually lose weight.
The dietdoctor.com website has been my inspiration and help. It is incredible how the keto has allowed my blood sugar to go down enough that I could gradually drop the insulin.[QUOTE]

I see posted results like this and i just dont get the same results. At all! My fbg went down at first but only for a few days. Today fbg was 120. I have averaged 30 grams carb per day for over 3 weeks. Maybe thats just too many carbs for my body. Even the keto sticks have gone from moderate to trace. But i am losing weight, and my knees feel a lot better!