Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 16:56
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
I'm sorry if you take my sharing of personal experience as bias.
That said, I'm not saying that NRT doesn't work at all and everyone has to find their own way.

LisaN, perhaps you should read over this and other threads where you've posted were you are telling people that NRT is not helpful, doesn't work, a sham etc, etc. If you had said what I just quoted by you in those posts I would not have felt the need to post what I did.

Maybe you should go over the old posts just to see what you've written. I have no intention of offending, and I appreciate that volunteers such as yourself keep this forum going. As a matter of fact, thank you for doing it.

IT sounds like you do agree with what the experts say, do whatever works for you personally. Most of the people that I met when I took the American Lung Association Quit Smoking Class and people that I know and have met in passing have used some form of NRT. Another class was taught by a naturopath she also provided accupunture and other wholistic therapies, but none of those worked for me, however they did for others. So it just depends on each individual. I say keep trying the various methiods until you get one that fits with you and your lifestyle. If it didn't work the first time but your head is in a different place, then try it again. Never give up trying to quit.

Quote:
Do whatcha gotta do, but just put them bad boys down!

I totally agree!! And you CAN do it. Don't think of a quit that lasted only a day as a defeat, think of it as a lesson and think of all the things that could have made it easier for you the next time. Some people can put them down and walk away. Some people, like myself, do that over and over and try multiple things over and over until it finally clicks and works.