#12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-05, 22:08
Wanna Be A Loser!

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 216.4/212/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Talking

Well, for my WOE/WOL, I definitely, 100% prefer the South Beach WOE than the Atkins. YES, I have been on the Atkins several years ago and lost weight fast, but put it back on and then some because I could not stick to that WOE. It really is a preference in which way you want to lose the weight. I appreciate learning about good carbs, bad carbs and good fats, bad fats. Hey, and I got my little period after 10 years of being annovulatory/infertile, so that has to say something about the plan for me personally. I never got my period with the Atkins. With that said, I am so, so happy.

My dh is so happy for me and very supportive (always has been) that because of my results, he is recommending this WOE to his patients. He's seen first-hand how it works and what health benefits result from it. You really do, do, do need to read the book. In fact, read both books and see what way of eating would best suit you. I'm not against the Atkins if that is the way you want to go, but for me personally prefer the good carbs & good fats WOE/WOL. I feel that I can always stick to this WOE for life. That's important to me.

Best wishes on making a decision!

Plumtired
(who has lost 19 pounds since 5/20/05 on South Beach)