View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 01:13
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Nancy and Lisa (if she can see this): Lisa was right. I did have a thyroid problem, more specifically a reverse T3 problem. I switched doctors earlier this year, after needing to wait to switch health insurance during open enrollment last year in order to get on health insurance that would partially cover out-of-network doctors. I have been on compounded T3 since late March. I am not optimized yet, but we are getting there. Anyway, my cholesterol numbers have dropped like a rock to where they should have been the whole time. Check out the sexy cholesterol numbers:

TC: 181
LDL: 98
HDL:73
Tris: 52

To give you some perspective, here were my numbers in December 2009:

Total Cholesterol: 394
LDL: 299
HDL: 71
Triglycerides: 132

It's funny because this is where my numbers should have been....and my WOE is putting them there, but the thyroid problem was masking it. Now that it's almost normalized, they are back where they should be--I actually eat more carbs now than I did at the time, but it's not a huge change; not like the pre-LC to LC change in my diet. With a triglyceride level of 52, the calculated LDL of 98 is an overestimate; if I run through the Iranian equation, I get 75 instead of 98. Sexy.

--Melissa