Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 18:42

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Stall-o-rama

Quote:
Originally posted by Dryad
Anyway, it seems that everytime I lost a pound or two, I then go up again for several weeks, then lose, then up, etc, etc, etc. There is no steady loss. For the year and half that I've been lc'ing I've lost almost 40lbs. Excercise seems to make no difference whatsoever...hell, it didn't before, either, for that matter.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Dryad, this is normal fat loss on LC. We tend to lose 'chunks' of weight. It's never down, down, down, but the general trend is down (your 40 lbs speaks to that ).

The only suggestion would be to have a few more calories - you might notice that the fat that comes off happens in larger 'chunks'. 1400 calories is much too little. 1400 calories is what is recommended petite women not go under for fear of permanently slowing their metabolism.

BTW, those 'chunks' that come off are what we call 'whoooshes'. You actually lose the fat continuously, but fat cells hate to shrink and will compensate by holding onto water. When the water is released you experience that whooosh the next day.

HTH
Nat