View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-07-22, 07:00

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back Whited,

For the past past two years, I have been using a Data Driven Fasting program, monitoring BG BEFORE eating to use it as a fuel gauge. The FREE book that is part of it has 190 pages of advice on all types of glucose management and fasting. Agree With Kristine, easiest way to find the answer for you is take your BG a few times after having the tea with cream.

Quote:
5.6 Will Coffee “Break My Fast”?

Many people enjoy a coffee or tea in the morning and delay their Main Meal until later when they are hungry, and their blood glucose drops below their trigger.
Your morning cuppa doesn’t need to count as a meal (and you don’t need to test your blood glucose), so long as you’re not adding hundreds of calories worth of milk, butter, cream, sugar, or MCT oil.
While there is plenty of debate over whether coffee or artificial sweeteners will break your fast and whether water alone is more optimal, you need to find the balance between optimal and sustainable for you. Many people find themselves with headaches if they suddenly slash their caffeine intake. So, if you want to reduce your caffeine intake, it’s best to scale back slowly.
Most studies find that caffeine has a positive effect on metabolic rate and fat loss and stimulates the release of stored energy from the liver. In fact, bodybuilders often use caffeine as a ‘fat burner’. However, if you’re not sleeping because you are drinking too much coffee too late in the day, you should stop earlier in the day or cut back...continues

Links to lots of information on the fasting program are in my Success Story, but here is where you can find the DDF book and read more:
https://www.datadrivenfasting.com/book