View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-06-20, 13:27

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hmm, have to pay to read the article, but to have access to this article only the price is 39 cents! And they keep a running tab, and don't charge you until your tab hits $5. So I figured for 39 cents it was worth reading

The VLCD diet actually was pretty low carb. with under 10% of calories coming from carbs. So many "studies" consider 40% of calories from carbs to be low carb! However not sure I agree with the actual diet:
Quote:
The VLCD group obtained ≤ 10% carbohydrates, 25% protein, and ≥ 65% fat. The diet consisted of low glycemic options of carbohydrates, whole foods, leafy greens, non-starchy vegetables, fruits, and grains high in fiber—sources of fat from nut oils, butter, cheese, and avocados. The diet of patients in the LFD group was low-fat, with 55% carbohydrate, 25% protein, and 20% from fat, and included lean meats, with a low-fat dairy and whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. The VLCD group received two dozen eggs each week while the LFD received breakfast bars.
Hmm, even the LC arm could not get away from eating grains! And was meat allowed? No mention of it in the text. The low fat group got lean meats listed however.

But overall they did come up touting the VLCD diet as the better option for obese older adults. Hey, I resemble that remark . So good thing for me.