#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 18:20

Plan: A conservative mix
Stats: 229/220/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Cool Newly diagnosed

Hello everyone -

I was diagnosed with PCOS about a week ago, but have been feeling its effects strongly for the past ten years. I am turning 30 next month, and unlike many of my "cysters", I did not discover my PCOS when I tried to concieve - I had large fibroids that resulted in a hysterectomy 2 years ago, but since then I have been unable to lose the 80 extra pounds in spite of heavy exercise and "healthy" eating. I have started doing a modified low-carb diet, basically no sugar and as little bread as possible (not a huge fan). I am also on a low dose of metformin, which has been like a miracle for me - after a few days of tummy trouble and a bit of a lingering headache, I am feeling so good. Energy is great, and I've lost SEVEN pounds - this after not seeing the scale budge for ANYTHING. Very encouraging. My mom has been doing Atkins for awhile now and has lost about 15 pounds or so, so we are both interested in learning more about this WOE and how it can help PCOS.

Looking forward to getting to know many of you, and to offer any encouragement when I can!
Sponsored Links