#35   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-19, 09:07

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Haven't posted here in a while.

A couple realizations I have come to:
- I need to keep my weight below 200, and probably below 195, but unless and until I start to give up muscle mass I am happy below 200 and look pretty good, body wise, for a 55 year old guy...atleast that is what the DW says and that is all that matters.
- I need to work in more cardio into my routine. Cardio is not only good for me, but it has always helped me keep weight off.
- It's OK to, in moderation, add back in some things that are higher carbs. Blueberries, for instance, which I grow in the back yard. I have eaten them off the bush after dinner quite often, and it may have slowed my weight loss but it did not reverse it, which is the most important. Low carb beer is another thing I added in,, with no substantial ill effect.

I just finished a 2-day. 25 mile backpacking trip with my son, and on it I abandoned my low carb ways and indulged. I had Reeses peanut butter cups, chocolate pudding n(MREs), pasta(MREs), a burger with fries(Five Guys), all over 2 days. Now I busted my ass and have the soreness now to prove it, so I am confident I burned off all those calories and many more. Although I enjoyed tasting the 'forbidden fruit' again, I am back in the low carb mindset and really good with it. Looking forward a salad for lunch.

P.S. Just weighed myself, and even after carb consumption and getting re-hydrated I was down to 195.6..not surprising because we hiked hard. So now I know I just need to backpack 25 miles in 2 days with about 40 lbs on my back, and I can earn a cheeseburger:-)