View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 11:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 133/129/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Unhappy I'm in EXACTLY the same predicament!

Your post could have been my post. I'm in week 7, I'm still doing Induction to the letter, and after losing 7 lbs in the first two weeks I've lost nothing since then. Yes, I'm drinking more than enough water. No, I don't eat the Atkins bars anymore. I've kept track of my food on Fitday. I'm doing brisk walks 4 or 5 times per week, alternating 30 and 45 minutes...with steep hills...and I do pilates three times a week.

I still have 22lbs to lose from this short, small-boned frame. And I seem to be getting nowhere.

HOWEVER...I started exercising at the same time I started LCing. Ok, so you're going to tell me that muscle weighs more than fat, and that I'm probably just adding muscle mass and that the muscle will help burn the fat. But how much more does fat weigh? And when will the numbers on my scale start going down? (I know you won't be able to give me the exact date and time ) But does it happen? Has it actually happened in this way to anyone out there?

You'll ask if I've lost inches. Yes. About 6 overall. Do my clothes fit differently? Yes, a bit. Do I feel better? Yes, my stomach doesn't hurt like it used to after I ate wheat. Am I losing the weight I want to? No. No. No.

I'm trying really really hard to keep believing in this new way of eating. I'm trying really really hard to believe that the success stories posted here are for real.

If you're reading this thread and you have some good advice, or a similar story, please share. We surely would appreciate it.