#12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 17:55

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Cure is like curing cancer. It is gone and won't return if it is cured. Compare that to celiac disease, where you're permanently sensitive to gluten. Does not eating gluten cure celiac disease? No, it is a treatment. When you stop following the treatment, the disease will return in full force. The symptoms might be in abeyance but the disease is still there.

Treating insulin resistance or T2 diabetes is a treatment. Just like following a gluten free diet isn't a cure for celiac disease, it is a treatment. You stop the treatment and the beneficial effects go away.

I don't think it's a disease. Instead, I think it's an intoxication (not in the sense of euphoric bliss but in the sense of toxic poisoning). Diabetes T2 is the consequence of glucose poisoning. In other words, there are many afflictions that we see as diseases which are really consequences of glucose intoxication. I see glucose as toxic in any quantity above the normal blood level. Indeed, as far as I know, the toxicity of any substance is a function of its quantity.