View Single Post
  #906   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-21, 06:59

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Enjoy a couple of days break from golf. I'm sure you will find plenty of puttering to do and maybe a bit of rest as well!

Trig- Aw, Mom is coming back! Does your DD spend time with her when she is there or do their waking hours not meet up?

Jaz- Sorry you got whacked with another round post-vax but I'm not surprised by it. Your body had a nice strong reaction and IMO that is a good thing. It is primed and ready now to recognize and fight off the virus. I'm really glad that Rugar (Ruger?) was willing to just roll with it. He seems like a very good pup.

I agree with you that a controlled time with your Mom is best.

••••••••••••

Man it is 8:52 AM and I am tired! I got home around 10PM last night and after a bit of decompression went up to bed and probably was asleep by 11- 11:30. Came down at 7:30 or so, put in a load of laundry, finished unpacking my duffel, got the dogs out and then in. Made my coffee, sat down at 8AM. Took my first sip and then got a text at 8:01 that DH was up and ready for his Father's Day breakfast! lol I was like FML!! Luckily I have a mug and saucer that are electric and keep the coffee warm so I grabbed a couple of sips while fixing him his breakfast. I made what he had requested- spicy sausage patties, bacon, cinnamon rolls (the grands that come from the pop tube) and then as a surprise I had brought him back some banana pudding from Magnolia Bakery in NYC. He liked that surprise!

I'm now sitting down with my coffee for real.

The trip was fun. Jaz, it is almost exactly 3 hours on the Northeast Regional, and there are faster trains too for more $$. I think the Acela is more like 2 hours or so? I enjoy train travel- I think it is relaxing.

We definitely got a lot of steps in on this trip- the first day was around 18K steps and the second day a little over 15k steps. We went to Coney Island one day and did a film from the Tribeca Film Festival one night. I'm glad I decided to go!

DS22 is staying another week in NC. I'll see what DS19's work schedule looks like as far as car accessibility (we will be sharing one) and what down time I might have in the house. DH will be out of town for work for part of the week (first time since the Pandemic) so there will be a good bit of coming and going.

Not much else to report. I've got some stuff around the house to catch up on but all is good!