View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-19, 08:57

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Welcome, Rick. Lots of people here who can relate to your situation and have followed keto with excellent practical information. Over time, you will notice changes in more than weight and a reduced reliance on insulin. Many health changes emerge and a good number of pleasantly unexpected benefits as well. Most of all, be patient, as you are beginning a transition for your metabolism that is very different at first. Know that there will be fits and starts, but if followed consistently, it's all good in the process of embracing better health.

There are many resources available on this forum, but the most valuable are the people who interact here. They are respectful, knowledgeable, and have first-hand experience with access to much information. I started reading the posts here years ago, and I find it my most consistently valuable source for following my way of eating (WOE), which is keto or what I refer to as Low Carb, High Fat, Ketogenic (LCHFKD). Enjoy the journey and especially the good people on this forum.