#10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-18, 08:49

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susky2
I personally think calorie counting is a waste of time. The whole concept of dietary calories is based on an improperly applied approach to determine the "energy" store of food. It can work as a VERY general rule of thumb, but there is far too much emphasis on the calorie-in-calorie-out model.

The body doesn't burn food - it metabolizes it - and barring any unusual hormonal issues, eating the right mixture of foods should be sufficient.

Should, but in many cases isn't unfortunately.

Agreed. Too much emphasis on the CICO model. But for folk like me whose satiety cues are way out of wack, or who have eating compulsions, there has to be some kind of "Halting point" guidepost. And with consistent logging or portion control, we can discover numbers or portion sizes that work. Are they necessarily the accurate CICO numbers? Of course not, but if the guidepost gets you to "loss" or "maintaining" accuracy doesn't matter. Consistency does.

I feel my best when the quality of my food is good 80-90% of the time. I could fill it with junk but the waters start to get very murky. I have diabetes on both sides of the family. Cholesterol on one. So it's a good idea for me to pay attention to quality for that as well.