View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 10:18

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

I wore mostly size 2s with some 0s and some 4s, before pregnancy. I couldn't agree more that bullying is an issue for thin people, too. Although, I do think it might be easier to brush off (as a woman at least) and tell myself someone is "just jealous" or it is because as a society we are getting used to seeing obesity as normal and therefore the problem isn't me, it is an unhealthy new "normal."

I do have a happy story though. I was recently getting really bullied on FB by a super know it all cousin of my husband. She is a weight watchers leader and can't leave her "expertise" at work. I was very polite and repeatedly tried to get her to stop criticizing my low weight . I thanked her for her concern, said baby's growth is right on track, told her about my extremely large medical team following this high risk pregnancy including a dietician i really like, etc, etc.... I explained the difficulty of a diabetic pregnancy, sticking to a diet that keeps blood sugar in check while gaining weight. I talked about the scariest risks of this pregnancy to both me and my baby if I don't control my blood sugar including life long complications to me like blindness and kidney failure. I talked about the baby developing heart conditions, growing too big to be delivered, and miscarriage....
she wouldn't stop and instead got worse.
And then.... All these friends on FB (some who aren't even people who normally are really friends, more people i run in same circles as, so we play nice but aren't really that interested in friendship)..... Well people sure don't like to see a pregnant woman bullied about her weight. They were ruthless to her.
HAha, I appreciated it. And sent them private messages to thank them since I couldn't publicly do so.