View Single Post
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-14, 03:05

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hope you survived the first 24 hour :-) wasn't so bad was it? Not crazzzzy, as he says the in lectures. And walking around the seawall would take my mind off anything! For the first time yesterday, I wasn't so hungry at dinner, ate a large meal with many veggies that filled me up without it being very high calorie too.

Fasting insulin is tricky to read, need BG too, and I have found it very sensitive to not only what I ate the day before but how long the fast. Reading from an 18 hour fast was below normal, reading from a 12 hour fast higher than I liked. Depended on when the blood draw was scheduled, so not that accurate, but it is nice to see it low.

Thinking about Vancouver, last winter I started Yin Yoga, a slow joint stretching practice, and found this lovely young teacher on video from Victoria. I could just watch her video filmed on the beach and do absolutely nothing...it is so relaxing and beautiful. http://youtu.be/MOFnH1bVWmQ
In fact, this is a Mindful Yin Yoga hour, and Dr. Fung recommends Mindful Meditation. I spend most of the summer outside, but might do a session again now that you have reminded me of it.