#20   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 18:17
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Great tips CBG!

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about defending hybrids. I just looked up my bike on the Norco site.

They list their mountain bikes under the "adventure" category.

"Hybrids" have their own category. My bike -- a Carrera -- is in the "Comfort" category.

Here is how they define them:

COMFORT -- Built for the recreational cyclist, our Comfort bikes are inspired by mountain bikes, but given that added "Plush" touch. (Me likes!) On all models, you’ll find suspension forks and seat posts, as well as larger, plusher saddles. Compared to mountain bikes, the frames tend to be shorter and the handlebars are set up with a higher rise, which gives a more comfortable and upright riding position. Clear coat paint, stainless steel spokes and simple maintenance free components are the standard for these bicycles, ensuring long lasting good looks and easy enjoyable riding.

HYBRID -- If hitting a bike path on a warm sunny day, or cruising to work in style and comfort is more your speed, then a 2004 Hybrid or Trekking series bike from Norco is geared for you. Oriented towards the city rider who prefers smoother trails or bike paths, or who regularly commutes to work, this line-up offers great features like larger wheels and smoother tread tires for faster rolling. These bikes also include small details like the eyelets needed for installing fenders and racks. Our designers had only two things in mind when working on these bikes: build comfortable rides that offer great value, and that utilize easy-to-use components. Anyone of these bikes will get you to your destination in comfort and style

Here are my bike's specs. (I was wrong about cost-- $590 plus tax). Can anyone suggest any good upgrades?

FRAME: 6061 Aluminum Comfort design. O/S teardrop tubes

FORK: SR NEX 4000 Supension

HEADSET: 1 1/8"threaded

CRANKS: Shimano Nexave 303 triple 48/38/28T

BOTTOM BRK: Shimano UN-25

PEDALS: VP-608 alloy with alnti slip tread

CHAIN: KMC IG-31

FREEWHEEL: Shimano 8 spd hg30 11-32t

FRONT CHANGER: Shimano C1021

REAR CHANGER: Shimano Deore

SHIFTERS: Shimano EF35 8 spd

BAR: H.L. alloy riser