#9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-18, 16:36

Plan: Low carb, suff. protein
Stats: 115/103/95 Male 191cm
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
And . . . from 4 years ago, here's the alternative view of the healthfulness of vegetable oils from our friends at Harvard's T.H. Chan School of Public Menace er umm, Health:
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutrit...-heart-disease/

...Replacing either saturated fat or carbohydrate with vegetable oils and seeing significant benefits indicates that reduction in saturated fat or carbohydrate is not the only reason for the beneficial effects of linoleic acid. Instead, linoleic acid itself plays a special role in support of heart health. Randomized clinical trials have shown that replacing saturated fat with linoleic acid reduces total and LDL cholesterol. There is also some evidence that linoleic acid improves insulin sensitivity and blood pressure...

The argument made for Omega6 by Maryam I find completely unconvincing. The foundation appears to be that Saturated Fat increases cholesterol and therefore "risk of heart disease". It seems to be the fallback argument when actual endpoints are being avoided, or not measured, in favor of surrogate markers such as total Chol.
Also the language used is vague and lacks rigor, such as "On the contrary, some studies have found anti-inflammatory effects of diets higher in linoleic acid compared to those higher in saturated fat." (My bolds).
"Some" studies say this. Presumably then other studies don't.
But let's just ignore them because they don't support my p.o.v.
Chipping away the statements not backed by hard evidence leaves mostly a statement of opinion. And an unconvincing one at that.