#2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 08:55
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

Good list - I would recommend one more.

For guys that were athletic and then it all turned to fat, at some point your weight will stall while you are buring fat and building muscle. One pound of muscle is like 1/5 the physical size of one pound of fat.

Your waist (and other locations of fat) will be shrinking (so you can see inches change). But I have been stalled at 250 for two years now, but have gone through three belts and you can see the muscles getting bigger. And I typically eat like 3,000 calories per day with almost no aerobic exercise.

The low carb diet is great for building muscle. With all the protein and amino acids in meat and eggs -- if you take the "mega" multivitamins -- throw in some zinc and magnesium -- do some strength training -- it is a muscle building phenom (in addition to fat burning).

So you are correct in that it is not just weight. You have to look at inches - fat getting smaller in inches and muscles getting bigger in inches.

I would say that if you don't see any improvement (or you don't receive any compliments) for like 3 or 4 months -- then you might be stalled.

A lot of guys stop low carb diet at this point -- just when they will start to see great improvement.

People need to throw out the mindset that this is just a weight loss diet. Low carb diet is an all around, multi-purpose health diet. Weight is just one indicator of how healthy you are.