Thread: Osteoporosis
View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-23, 05:03

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Referring to Mark Sisson’s article above in post #21, I hate to jinx anything, but I took a hard, fast fall onto cement floor, landing on both shoulders, right hip and wrist and am almost fully recovered two days later. If bones need resilience, or bounciness, I have it for now.

Who knows why, but…..I do lift heavy things on weight machines, and walk, but not run for consistent weight bearing
I increased my protein from about 100g to now 135g (as of last month tracking, it’s not my goal of 145g but it was 46%!! Protein by calorie…very good for a 72 yo women. After limiting dairy for almost a decade on keto, I now include a lot of FF yogurt, cottage cheese for bioavailable calcium and co-factors and add 1 scoop of whey protein powder. I often add 1 scoop of chocolate collagen (1/2 serving) for flavoring.

I have been taking Vit D supplements for years maintaining 80-100ng. Last April was 88, with tons of sun in the summers and a 5,000 gel cap Sept-May. I also use Mary Kendall's Optimised Electrolyte Mix in 1L water everyday. https://optimisingnutrition.com/electrolyte-mix/. This is a cost effective way to get these minerals.
And last but not least, I have optimized my diet by targeting 60g net carbs with a wide variety of colorful vegetables.

No more 20g total carb plans, nor carnivore, nor fasting longer than 16 hours for me. Not only do I get all those bone-specific nutrients by eating colorful vegetables, I lost to and now maintain an ideal healthy weight because I don’t have "carb hunger". I wrote about this issue with VLC in my journal over the past few days, why calorie intake is lowest at 10-20% carb, why I would eat more and not lose weight at 0-10% carbs.

Ps: Jean, I use the 2% Daisy cottage cheese from Costco. Trader Joe's has a FF organic cottage cheese but buying at Costco is easier and less expensive for me.