#56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-15, 07:38

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansdogta
I am so glad that I found you guys! I suspected that 1200 calories was way too low for me! I calculated my BMR and used the Harris Benedict equation, and found that my daily caloric needs to maintain is 2392.

Well, I don't need to maintain, I need to lose. So, if I knock off 500 calories a day, that leaves me with 1800 calories to consume. Way more reasonable than 1200!

I'm thinking that PP will be more reasonable for me. I like the flexibility of eating whatever carb I want, as long as I stay within my carb limit. I love my fruit.

Waiting for the PPLP book to come from the library.

Anything you can share will help!

Actually, PP does not say you can eat any carb you want so long as it stays within the limit. Also, the 2392 calories/day seems high as does the 1800 cal/day. In the Gardener study, comparing 4 weight loss diets. the low carb (Atkins) group starting gaining weight again at 1800 calories/day.

Do you have the original PP? It is well worth having and reading as well as the PP Life Plan. Both are good for your reference library.

In PP, the Eades give you a daily protein/meal as well as a daily protein/day based upon your calculated lean body mass, gender and age -- in addition to the recommended daily carbs (under 30). Bread is not on the introduction phase. So, not all carbs are allowed.

Even in PPLP when the Eades give you the Hedonistic as well as Paleolithic plans, bread and sugars are not on the plan.

Calories will be based upon what you actually eat and if you follow the plan and track it, you will find that you are not eating 1800 calories. More like 1200.

Beware of the fruits! No LC diet suggests fruits at the beginning and all suggest eliminating fruit juice until the very end when you are experimenting with adding carbs slowly back into your eating plan.

Always read the books. They are text books teaching you about your chosen diet. Don't rely on forums to give you the basic information you need to know. Forums are great for support and adding to your basic knowledge base but you are expected to also inform yourself about the plan you are using. Ask questions. Surf the net. Read the books. Track the foods you eat by weight and volume and keep a food diary.

Good luck.