View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 15:40

Plan: starting Dr Bernstein
Stats: 260/251/199
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default I'm wondering, too

After a week of indigestion every time I ate, I woke up one day last week and found fuzzy *black* (not white) growth on my tongue.
I'm diabetic, and eat low-carb, but when I slide off the wagon and eat carbs, I'm usually rewarded with "itchies" in private places...(I'm sorry for the need to talk so personally, but need to specify the reasons I think I have candida issues)...which I understood was yeast celebrating a sugar bonanza.
So I took the candida test you can find links to in this forum, and scored 239. I could relate to so many of the symptoms like depression and lethargy, lack of energy, too.
And I've been having outbreaks of the more physical symptoms off and on for about a year, now.

So convinced I had a candida infection, I purchased the product "Yeast Raiders", which I read about here as effective at least as far as immediately causing those dreaded die-off symptoms, and I've been taking 5 capsules at bedtime as per the directions for 5 or 6 days now - and have had really no symptoms to report.

So I'm left wondering...
Maybe i don't have candida?
Maybe the product doesn't work?
Maybe it's working but I'm just one of the lucky ones who doesn't get severe symptoms?

Wish I knew how to tell without going to a doctor for testing. I have a feeling my doctor would be on the "there is no such thing" side of the fence, anyway. He is not supportive of my low-carbing for diabetes.

What about black instead of white fuzzy tongue? It was gone by bedtime. Anyone else experienced that?