#12   ^
Old Thu, May-16-24, 09:12

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Meatloaf always has crumbs in it. But McDonald's does keep their patties 100% beef. Dr. Ken Berry has a video where he demonstrates getting just the patties off the ala carte menu, with a knife and fork.

Our local restaurants are not chains, and the ones I go to serve 100% beef, and I just order it without the bun and leave the potato chips on the plate. Because I order cheeseburgers, and it's wasted if it sticks to the bun.

I was speaking specifically of the burgers UK based restaurants serve in the UK/British Isles, and how it seems that those who are UK bred and born even makes burgers at home with bread crumbs or flour added to them.

So you can see why UK natives would be shocked that the burgers made by a US native (such as DD1) are so much better than what they normally have there.

With the exception of US based fast food places in the UK (McD's and Five Guys - I see there's also Wendy's in a few towns there now too - their UK website says the burgers are 100% British beef) it seems that everyone does some kind of watered down (crumbed down?) version of burgers there. Yuck.

As far as I know, all restaurants in the US that sell hamburgers make them from 100% beef. At least I've never encountered one here that sells some kind of mixture extended with crumbs or flour and passes it off as a hamburger.

Of course they all serve it on a bun (which you can ditch) with some kind of potatoes on the side, but the burger itself is all beef.