View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-15-24, 03:42

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Better yet -- for them -- they think they can eat their snacks and candy bars with protein. They are adding it to such things in the form of soy protein.

How cheap would it be to eat better, though? That's a barrier I run into about people "improving" their diet, with more expensive snack foods.

They also might not realize the produce is costing as much as the cheaper meats in my area. I can get a tub of salad greens that will go bad in two days OR a chunk of brisket that will feed us for two days.

I think a lot of people look at the tub of greens as doing more for them than the beef. Which is utterly bizarre, but a measure of the amount of money that was available to be poured into this endeavor.

As a side note, I do eat produce, but not much. When we do it's from a local farm. It lasts much longer, and tastes much better, than any grocery store produce.

And we are probably getting a much good from this small portion than others might do with all their efforts with inferior plants. We have seen so much evidence that plants not only carry more risk of contamination these days, we aren't being told what is sprayed on them to retard spoilage.

DH and I think that's how we keep getting tasteless apples that are brown in the middle. The only thing I get at a grocery store these days are berries, which I freeze myself. They aren't messed with, and go bad fast in the fridge.