#3   ^
Old Sat, May-11-24, 05:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is awesome.

I wish I could go back in time 20 years and share this with my younger self and others here, since it seemed so hopeless that we'd ever get here.

I left a comment:
Quote:
Donated!! ENOUGH. I've had it with poor diabetic nutrition advice for the entire 20 years I've been eating a carb-controlled diet.

I lost my overweight, diabetic mom to cancer. Though her cause of death was officially cancer, I can't help wondering if she would have lived longer if she received appropriate nutrition advice, not "eat bananas and bread and whatever you want and make up for it with your insulin." While terminally ill, she joked that she wanted to live to be 65 so she could start collecting her pension, but died the weekend of her 65th birthday. She didn't get to meet my husband.

How many other people need to walk down the aisle without their parents at the wedding? How many kids won't know their grandmas and grandpas? How many more people need to struggle on disability because they're blind, had amputated limbs or has to languish on renal dialysis and can no longer work?

ENOUGH.

As of this morning, they've reached their goal of over $50,000.