View Single Post
  #390   ^
Old Mon, May-06-24, 12:40

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I sincerely hope that Marty does not refer to Paul Saladino as "a big-name carnivore." That ship sailed shortly after he published "The Carnivore Code." He's hardly an expert, doesn't follow carnivore any longer, and seems to be looking for marketing opportunities to catch the next nutrition wave. When touting honey, a huge fructose contributor, I get very suspicious.

I can eat fruits and combine them with unsweetened dairy periodically, as like Jean, I take breaks and have started to only consume healthy berries when in season.

That being said, I believe the ON micro course is very sound and would help anyone who is willing to become a nutrition geek and really get into understanding micronutrients at a metabolic level. The fact that it's personalized means everything, but be prepared to do the work for the benefits. Over the years I have become very insulin sensitive to the point where DDF was an exercise in futility for me. My fasting blood glucose is always in the low 80s and rises very little after meals. I do regular resistance training with weights, and experience the usual mild blood sugar spikes after working out. That was getting in the way of my ability to eat normally when I was managing my BG threshold in order to eat. I think for those who are insulin sensitive, DDF is not required, but very effective for those who aren't there yet.

My own experience allows me to produce ketones while maximizing protein (and producing ketones with max protein is possible when strictly limiting carbs, which I do), and consume a modicum of healthy fats that ride along with my protein foods. I love whole milk (A2/A2) lightly pasteurized homemade kefir, which contributes protein, healthy fats, and keeps my microbiome healthy.

Jean - thanks for the update on Alice. This is excellent news.