View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-24, 07:43

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Dietary success may be easier for people who adopt modes of large-scale brain activation that do not require significant reconfigurations across contexts and goals.

To me that sounds a lot like just more proof that people who don't have a weight problem "just aren't thinking about food".

Please correct me if I've misinterpreted, but it sounds like they were told to think about cake, then told to switch to thinking about a healthy snack instead. The ones who don't really care much about food just followed "orders" to switch from thinking about cake to thinking about something healthy without any real effort.

The ones who think about food aren't thinking about carrot sticks or an apple, they're thinking about something they crave: cake. Switching from cake to carrot sticks is a struggle.

If the people I've known who are naturally thin are any indication, they still eat junk food, but to them if they're hungry, they eat what's available. If carrot sticks are what's available they eat that. If cake is available, they'll have cake. They just don't have any kind of trigger that prioritizes cake over carrot sticks.