#4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-24, 20:20

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
Eggs do irritate arthritis, though. I'v read it's the arachidonic acid, and minimizing egg yolks makes a big difference for me.

Cutting out fowl does the same.

I have read that the culprit is what we feed the birds, corn, and soy. They are supposed to eat seeds and insects, and the corn and soy makes their meat and eggs have too much omega 6 fats and not enough omega 3.

I'm not a scientist, so I can't confirm that, but omitting chicken and egg yolks from my already low-carb diet made my arthritis all but disappear.

I'm not trying to goad you into trying that (although my "curiosity gene" has perked up and would love to know the outcome), but if you don't mind risking an arthritic flare up, you could test that theory by having an egg or two, or a single meal using pastured/free range fowl that are not provided any kind of supplemental grain, and see what happens.

You'd probably need to find someone local who raises chickens so that you can be assured their chickens are never fed any supplemental corn or soy, because I'm pretty sure even the chickens and eggs in the stores labeled organic/pasture raised/free range chickens are being given at least some supplemental grains, at least during the winter.