#7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-24, 06:45

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Crikey, this article, I can't stop!

Quote:
Laura, a medical social worker in the San Francisco Bay Area, experienced a similar bias at a recent appointment with an endocrinologist to discuss her high cortisol levels. The doctor said her hormones weren’t an issue and then brought up her size. “We need to get this weight off you. And we need to do it now,” he told her. “That’s not what I came here for,” she said, pointing out that he hadn’t asked about her medical history. “I had an eating disorder that went undiagnosed for a long time. I feel that dieting for me is extremely risky.”

Bolded because this is a typical endocrinologist. And why I only went to one. They all go by lab tests even though lab tests vary by lab, regionality, and whether or not you did the test right. I went to one with a big rep, and I had to bully him into ordering a test, and he did it wrong.

But I still got important information he ignored, just like this one. Because high blood sugar and cortisol dance, or fight, together. Which is why you have to pry actual hormones out of their pharma-bribed hands.

But look at this patient, too. This is Fat Positivity Code that means she has Binge Eating Disorder, and by eating whatever she wants, she doesn't binge anymore. She thinks that's a management system because "dieting will trigger me." In the meantime, she hasn't got the health flex she thinks.

She's not treating her disorder properly, either, but she won't consider grappling with her weight. Perhaps medical science is starting to feel the same way. If this particular doctor visit is any indication, how can this get fixed when they are BOTH wrong?