#15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-24, 04:00

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
There is autoimmune in my family history, mostly in the younger generation though. Or at least they've been diagnosed as autoimmune, whereas those issues were considered to be allergies in my generation. My parents' generation, it was kind of a mixed bag of diagnoses sometimes being called allergies - even though they didn't show any definite allergic reactions to the allergy testing, just very minor reactions despite each individual clearly having constant congestion or digestive issues. (The digestive issue diagnoses ranged from spastic colon to colitis to irritable bowel, when in reality it could have all been autoimmune based, or it could have simply been a matter of so much drainage from the constant head congestion that the digestive system couldn't take it)

(And we seem to have gotten waaaay off the topic of how Pioneer Woman lost weight)

There are also cerebral allergies: bread's historic connection with schizophrenia, a book I read long ago about a woman who discovered her son's temper and learning disability was connected with his milk intake. Switching him to fermented forms like yogurt and cheese (yes, it was so long ago dairy wasn't demonized yet) and he became his true self. Not battling something no one can see on a diagnostic test, but food testing. This might have been my first exposure to such a concept.

The cream and protein could explain the thick texture of the Cabot, as a thickener without artificial ingredients? And I have been known to put heavy cream in my shakes, also, if I'm using regular low fat, even Greek, yogurt.

As to how the Pioneer woman lost the weight, she did sensible things at a sensible rate and centralized protein with low fat. Which never worked for me. HIGH fat worked for me, but the mere thought freaks out civilians.

The BEST something EVER worked? Carnivore. I've since added plants to control oxalate dumping, which is a good thing but needs handling methods. If I could fix ALL my health issues by eating nothing but grassfed hamburger -- I would do it. I have done it. It's even a low budget way to do OMAD and low carb. I spent most of 2019 on Animal Diet: meat, seafood, dark poultry, dairy. During the holidays I added things, careful of reactions. But then came 2020

Instead of sourdough I made cheesecake with low calorie sweeteners, & added daily veggies like a relish tray. "For health," but what it did was illuminate a health issue, which I'm able to address with low oxalate plant sources so the dumping doesn't run away with me.

The dumping is exactly like a flare. Understanding oxalates gave me a way to manage autoimmune flares. Which I've concluded, at least in my complicated and whacky case, is the reason I have autoimmune in the first place. I ate much too many antinutrients.

After making fun of the detox movement (which was 90% pyramid schemes in the first place) I find myself in a situation where I didn't know the body stored oxalates. And, given a chance, the body wants to get rid of it. I now work on helping it along, and the only snag turned out to be the giant dose of ibuprofen I got for a dental issue. No, no NSAIDS ever? Will be discussing it with my doctor end of the month.

The three main ways the body gets rid of oxalates is kidney/bladder, gut, and skin. And that's where the symptoms also come from. This is how I progressed to psoriasis and now they say it is serious and leads to psoriatic arthritis and I have to get on the drugs if it exceeds a certain percentage of my body. And right now, I'm exceeding it, boy howdy.

But I no longer see it as a "disease," much less a progressive one. I'm also getting rid of my joint pain and haven't taken an NSAID in years. Don't need to.

Now that I'm managing the process, it's the best eating, and health, I've enjoyed in about a decade. Everything I fix, stays fixed, now. I have a global theory which explains my symptoms and I know what to do about it.

That's all we need to do. Stop lying and start paying attention to real science.