View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-24, 07:51

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

On the topic of loose stools and carnivore. People can have all kinds of issues with sudden changes in diet (Mintaka, if you just started carnivore in January, you're still very new to this way of eating). Some people get loose stools, some get constipation when starting new plans.

This is n=1, but I've never had an issue with loose stools on carnivore. When I was eating lots of veggies/fiber on various low-carb/keto plans in the past, I had a terrible time with constipation. The more fiber I ate, the worse it got, and even landed me in the hospital once for 4 days with a very bad case of diverticulitis. For several years after that, I had many additional bouts of diverticulitis, some coming close to hospital stays again. Since going carnivore in August 2021 and ditching ALL fiber, I've not had a single flare-up.

Here's a video from Laura Spath talking about "Healing Constipation, Hemorrhoids, and other unpleasantness with a Carnivore Diet." Mintaka, you might find it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUggFivSt54

I am not a stickler for labels. In fact, I hate labels. Some hard-core people in the carnivore world are purists and insist you're not truly carnivore unless you eat only beef and drink only water. A lot of others are more lenient, eating seafood, eggs, fermented dairy, yogurt (as Janet says), which is fine. If it's from an animal, I eat it. I figure if my cat doesn't see something as food, I shouldn't either. Or course, I once had a cat who loved uncooked frozen French fries!

Marty Kendall has a lot of great ideas and they work for some people (they've worked brilliantly for Janet, for example). I just don't believe his is the final word on nutrition. Do what works for YOU. It's hard work, and it may take years to figure it out, but once you do it all falls into place.