View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-24, 07:34

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Apparently I've missed something in that article (despite reading it multiple times) - I'm not seeing where they mention Boost as the source of the protein. Can you quote the part where Boost is mentioned? The ads keep jumping around and I suspect the ads are blocking parts of the text.

I don't doubt that's what they used though since they mentioned "protein enriched meals" and the reference to hospital settings where protein enriched meals are used to help prevent muscle loss = because Boost is what they use in hospitals and nursing homes for that purpose - they figure sick people will drink a milkshake more readily than they'll eat a plate of food, especially if their illness ruins their appetite, or the drugs they're on interferes with their sense of taste.

In nursing homes, they know that the taste buds of the elderly tend to pick up sweet flavors much more readily than savory flavors, so they'll actually drink those things even if they won't eat anything. Not to mention that a lot of elderly nursing home residents can't chew very well, so even if they're eating, they only eat soft foods, which really limits the types of protein they can eat.