#6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-24, 09:38

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
"1–1.2g of protein per kilogram of body mass, a rule of thumb used by gym-goers to help them maintain and build muscle". Umm, no. The weight lifters I follow, including women like Dr Lyon, consume 2.2g per kg of protein, minimum. Or 1g per pound ideal body weight. And what Calianna said…my 6 oz portion of salmon has 40 g of protein. There is so much weirdness in this article, I liked "Losing 5kg of body weight can make hot flushes 30 per cent more bearable, data show." How does one calculate bearable?

I don't know what they mean by "bearable" either. Hot flashes can range from a minute of suddenly feeling a little too warm a few times a week to sweating profusely for 30 minutes or more multiple times daily (and nightly). They're all "bearable" when you have no choice but to "bear" them in the midst of a hot flash.

So all of what you said, and these little gems too:

Quote:
The scientists also say women should have dinner at least two hours before bedtime and avoid drinking too much water at this time as it can lead to disturbed sleep.

If you're having a hot flash in the middle of the night, your sleep is already being disturbed - might as well run to the bathroom, since you're wide awake anyway.

Quote:
The study also found that women should aim for at least seven hours of sleep during menopause to reduce the risk of health conditions.

I can't recall ever "aiming" for less than 7 hours of sleep - doesn't mean I got a full 7 hours of sleep on any kind of regular basis.

The whole article is full of silliness - half your protein from non animal sources, no more than 500 g of red meat weekly, at least one meat-free meal weekly, cutting your calories to 25 cals/kg of body weight to lose 1/2 to 1 kg (2.2 lbs) weekly (and how about those who are already eating well under 1200 cals or less daily because they've done dozens of low cal diets over the years, and still can't lose weight, hmm?), and on and on and on.