#34   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-23, 07:07

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
I definitely struggle with limiting carbs.

I never did Atkins Induction. The thought of cutting to 20 was so daunting I went to 50 and stayed there for years, happily. But it turned out I still could lose another 35 when I went carnivore. Which also changed my experience with cravings.

I was going through my worst ever flare when I started. One pound of my favorite hamburger, salt, water. Breakfast and I'm done for the day. It's didn't take long for me to feel the relief and then it was enjoying the power surges. I spent almost a month that way. And I was happy.

Since then, cravings are much smaller and easily talked down. Does OMAD work because it was probably digesting all day?

My mind and body went primal for a while. After that reminder, only real appealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Oddly ,or not so oddly, cutting out the keto sweets really knocks down cravings for sweets.

Oh, yes. They are, in their own way, created to keep us eating, even though there is protein in them. But it's not a lot. Better than a candy bar, but not real food, either.

Now, I stroll all the way through the now giant protein bar aisle feeling a little queasy, I'm so over them. They are too sweet and even the best one did not last. But the bars alone have their own giant section now.

The more I eat real food, the more my body craves it. That's what makes it "intuitive eating." We do need to consider how the food makes us feel, for hours and hours after. That's what I experienced on carnivore and that's why I'm so certain it's okay for me to crave fat.

I can make a sweetener-less cheesecake in a mug, WAIT overnight for the wee fairies of the fridge to work their magic (the same ones as Oopisie rolls ) and enjoy it as much as I want. It has no bad consequences for my health, mood, or medical condition. In fact, it's a Davis Experiment in my own life.

By any name, it only works with real, whole, foods. Which is why any indulgence that isn't food must only be indulged in if we can handle it. Processed food (aka dirt) is what throws off the delicate balance our bodies strive for.

Clara M. Davis and the wisdom of letting children choose their own diets